Installation: add files in Sitefinity 3.7 Sp2

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM

But which Linqcommerce's files must be installed in Sitefinity project?
In what
Sitefinity's directory should be installed?

Thanks.

G

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Hi Kalice,

Thanks for contacting us and thanks for checking out LinqCommerce.

You need to copy all of the folders into the Sitefinity project. All of the files are new files, so they won't overwrite anything inside of the Sitefinity solution. The files in the solution should be installed in the root of the Sitefinity project. For example, the App_Code folder should be located in ~/App_Code in the Sitefinity project.

I hope that I have answered your questions. Please let me know if you need more info.

Best wishes,

Joseph Anderson

President, JMA Web Technologies

http://www.jmawebtechnologies.com/

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Thanks for your reply.
But continuing with your example, the App_Code folder must be placed in ~ / App_Code Sitefinity project:

Example 1.: ~ / App_Code / App_Code

or just the files in the App_Code Linqcommerce to be placed in ~ / App_Code Sitefinity project:

Example 2.: ~ / App_Code / (all files in the App_Code folder of Linqcommerce)

???

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hi,

Yes, example 1 is correct. Anything in LinqCommerce's App_Code folder goes into the App_Code folder of Sitefinity. You're trying to match the file structure of LinqCommerce to Sitefinity. Anything you see in the root of LinqCommerce should go in the root of the Sitefinity project.

Best wishes,

Joe

May 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Hey, when I click on download link a .msi file is downloaded which gets installed directly.So, which files are you peoples are talking about?
Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hi,

When you click on source code, you can download the latest changeset and that has the code. The installer makes a virtual directory for you and unpackages the files, so it does a few steps.

May 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM
The manual mentions about downloading of some database scripts.Do anyone know what is it? I use a blank database for sitefinity, will it work for linqcommerce.
Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up. The database scripts are available on the documentation page.

Joseph Anderson

President

JMA Web Technologies, Inc.

P: (781) 330-0737

E: joe@jmawebtechnologies.com

Web: http://www.jmawebtechnologies.com

JMA-Logo

Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:26 AM
To: joe@josephmanderson.com
Subject: Re: Installation: add files in Sitefinity 3.7 Sp2 [linqcommerce:207349]

The manual mentions about downloading of some database scripts.Do anyone know what is it? I use a blank database for sitefinity, will it work for linqcommerce.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (linqcommerce@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email linqcommerce@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com