setting up Linqcommerce to work with sitefinty

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Hi,

I have got Sitefinity ready to use however, I have got some problem to make it work with Linqcommerce.

1. which files should I copy to my sitefinity project? the whole 'inetpub'(which is created by the installation programme) folder or just all the files in LCsetup folder?
  2. are the pages such as catalog.aspx, checkout.aspx acting as external pages to Sitefinity or should I add the controls to sitefinity and create the pages myself in sitefinity?
  3. I am currently using .net 4. could that be the cause of some problems?

Thanks for your time. looking forward to your answers.

Regards,

Tony

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Hi,

#1: Copy all files to Sitefinity that are created from LinqCommerce (App_Code, App_Data. etc.). Don't copy the inetpub folder. You'll need to merge the web.config files (connection string pretty much)

#2. Keep them all as external pages.

#3: No, I don't for see any issues.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your fast replay.

suppost I have a sitefinity application called store.

C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\store

1. should I merge the app_code folder from LCsetup with \WebSites\store\app_code or should I place it inside the folder like store\app_code\app_code?
  2. should I place the pages from LCsetup sush as cotalog.aspx in \WebSites\store\files, or should I just leave in store folder like :

app_data
sitefinity
bin
files
cotalog.aspx
checkout.aspx
etc....

sorry for all these stupid questions. I am new to sitefinity.

Regards,

Tony

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Hi,

OK, there is a configuration section missing from the LinqCommerce web.config in the Sitefinity web.config. That explains the error message. 

#1 - Yes, merge the App_Code folder. There can be only one App_Code folder

#2 - Leave the files in the root directory like app_data, Sitefinity, bin