Error Installing LinqCommerce with Sitefinity

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM
I have installed the latest version of Sitefinity to /sf on my server, I think extracted the contents of the .zip and placed them in the same folder

here is what /sf looks like on the server:
App_Browsers
App_Code
App_Data
App_Master
App_Themes
bin
Default.aspx
Global.asax
Global.asax.old
Images
LINQControls
ProductImages
Sitefinity
UserControls
web.config
I added the additional lines to the web.config, although I was uncertain where the second set went so I added them to the <appSettings> section

<appSettings>
<LinqCommerce>
        <Payment>
            <PayPal PayPalEMailAccount="" URLReturn="http://www.yahoo.com" URLCancel="http://www.google.com" PayPalHeaderImage=""></PayPal>
        </Payment>
        <SiteSettings>
            <ErrorHandlingSettings MailServer="" EnableErrorLogEmail="true" ErrorLogEmail="" ErrorLogEmailFrom=""></ErrorHandlingSettings>
            <ShoppingCartSettings RecentProducts="-100" Count="20" SiteName="BalloonShop" ProductsPerPage="20" ProductDescriptionLength="70" CartPersistDays="10"></ShoppingCartSettings>
        </SiteSettings>
        <AmazonSettings>
            <Amazon AWSAccessKeyId="" AmazonSearchKeyWords="" AmazonSearchIndex="" TagName="">
            </Amazon>
        </AmazonSettings>
        <AuthorizeNETSettings>
            <AuthorizeNET APILogin="" TransactionKey="">
            </AuthorizeNET>
        </AuthorizeNETSettings>
    </LinqCommerce>

</appSettings>

We first had some Linq errors saying the assembly was being referenced so I added the line manually

<add assembly="System.Data.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
However we now get this error when trying to navigate anywhere on the site

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'string' does not contain a definition for 'FirstName' and no extension method 'FirstName' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 227:    public static void ProfileCheck(Label statusLabel, Button checkoutButton, Button checkoutButton2, ProfileCommon Profile)
Line 228:    {
Line 229:        if (Profile.Billing.FirstName == "")
Line 230:        {
Line 231:            statusLabel.Text = "You must login to My Account and complete the billing and shipping info on your profile before proceeding.";

Source File: e:\Inetpub\vecplay\web\sf\App_Code\LinqShoppingCartAccess.cs    Line: 229

It appears it has something to do with the profile, but I am not sure where the profile should be setup. I noticed you referenced the profile in another post, but saw nothing in the documentation. thanks

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Hello

I get similar error after installing LinQCommerce with Sitefinity.
Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.
<title>Compilation Error</title> <style> body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } </style>

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ProfileCommon' does not contain a definition for 'Billing' and no extension method 'Billing' accepting a first argument of type 'ProfileCommon' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 218:    public static void ProfileCheck(Label statusLabel, Button checkoutButton, Button checkoutButton2, ProfileCommon Profile)
Line 219:    {
Line 220:        if (Profile.Billing.FirstName == "")
Line 221:        {
Line 222:            statusLabel.Text = "You must login to My Account and complete the billing and shipping info on your profile before proceeding.";

Source File: c:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.5 Community\WebSites\TestMain\App_Code\LinqShoppingCartAccess.cs    Line: 220
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry about the error.

That method's purpose it to ensure the user is logged in before checking out of the website. It is used in the shoppingcart.ascx user control. It looks like you didn't add the new profile properties, so that's why it's saying that they don't exist. I'll make sure this is noted in the documentation. You can get around this in two ways:

1. Did you add all of the profile attributes to the Web.config:

<add name="Sitefinity" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikProfileProvider, Telerik.DataAccess"/>
            </providers>
            <properties>
                <add name="FirstName"/>
                <add name="LastName"/>
                <add name="MiddleName"/>
                <add name="Prefix"/>
                <add name="NickName"/>
                <add name="Address"/>
                <add name="Address2"/>
                <add name="City"/>
                <add name="State"/>
                <add name="Zip"/>
                <add name="Phone"/>
                <add name="Fax"/>
                <add name="Country"/>
                <group name="Billing">
                    <add name="FirstName"/>
                    <add name="LastName"/>
                    <add name="MiddleName"/>
                    <add name="Prefix"/>
                    <add name="NickName"/>
                    <add name="Address"/>
                    <add name="Address2"/>
                    <add name="City"/>
                    <add name="State"/>
                    <add name="Zip"/>
                    <add name="Phone"/>
                    <add name="Fax"/>
                    <add name="Country"/>
                </group>
                <group name="Shipping">
                    <add name="FirstName"/>
                    <add name="LastName"/>
                    <add name="MiddleName"/>
                    <add name="Prefix"/>
                    <add name="NickName"/>
                    <add name="Address"/>
                    <add name="Address2"/>
                    <add name="City"/>
                    <add name="State"/>
                    <add name="Zip"/>
                    <add name="Phone"/>
                    <add name="Fax"/>
                    <add name="Country"/>
                </group>
            </properties>
        </profile>

2. If that does not work, you should be able to comment out all of the lines in that method or remove it from the shoppingcart.ascx user control all together. Please let me know if you need more help.
Feb 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Alright, seems like that did the trick.  Thanks a lot Joe.
Feb 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Joe, that has done the trick but still having a few errors

i added this line

<add name="BallonShop" connectionString="data source=localhost;Integrated Security=SSPI;initial catalog=sf"
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

not sure really what the connectionstring should actually look like though

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 89:   #endregion
Line 90: 	
Line 91: 	public BalloonShopDataContext() : 
Line 92: 			base(global::System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["BalloonShop"].ConnectionString, mappingSource)
Line 93: 	{

Source File: e:\Inetpub\vecplay\web\sf\App_Code\BalloonShop.designer.cs    Line: 91

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Hi,

When you download LinqCommerce, there are three files. One says stored procedure list and that's one of the options. Run those scripts on your Sitefinity database and you should be fine. By the way, if you run into any bugs be sure to report them so I can help fix them for other users.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Hi,

I made some more changed to the installation instructions in the documentation. Please read them over and give me feedback. If there is anything else that you need help with installation wise, let me know.By the way,  DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN APP SETTINGS! Take a look at the updated steps in the install, I gave some more code to help out.
Feb 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Hi,
I executed all the scripts in the stored procedure list and i got this error - "Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure AverageProductPoints, Line 26
'CREATE/ALTER PROCEDURE' must be the first statement in a query batch.".
Feb 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM
When i tried configuring my tax, I ended up with this error.

Invalid object name 'dbo.StateTaxTable'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.StateTaxTable'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM
When i add the shopping cart control to the shopping cart page, I get this error

Invalid object name 'dbo.RegionShippingTable'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.RegionShippingTable'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Hi,

These are the list of errors I get as I work with LinqCommerce package

1. When I add Product details control in product page

Error: Could not find stored procudure 'dbo.AverageProductPoints'

2. When I add shopping cart control in Shopping Cart page

Error:

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.RegionShippingTable'.

Source Error:
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

3. When I add Order Summary control to the check out page

Error: Object refernce not set to instance of an object

4. When I add Receipt Control to the receipt page

Error:

The file '/blankproject_sitefinity/LinqControls/ControlTemplates/ReceiptPageControl' does not exist.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/blankproject_sitefinity/LinqControls/ControlTemplates/ReceiptPageControl' does not exist.

Source Error:
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Hi,

When you download LinqCommerce, there is a table and stored procedure list. Likely, you haven't run scripts for the region info table and the average points procedure. Please go into that .docx file, find that stored procedure and table and run the scripts on your database. It also appears you are missing the receipt page control, which should be under the LinqCommerce/Control Templates folder. Can you confirm that the file is anywhere in your installation?
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM
Hi Mr Bowling:

Your connection string should look like this (This is an excerpt from the new manual)

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:.5in; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:.5in; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:707796527; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:1712231356 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style>

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.       <!--[endif]-->Add a second connection string called BalloonShop to your Web.config, which should look something like this:

<connectionString>                       

<add name="BalloonShop" connectionString="Data Source=JOSEPH\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=BalloonShop;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionString>

Please note that the DBML file is seeking a connection string by this name, since LinqCommerce is an adjustment from another module as I said above.

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 5:32 AM
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I still encounter few problems. When i choose tax admin this is the error i get

Source Error:

The document containing the list of tables and procedures do not have a definition for RegionShippingTable. The document has a definition for ShippingRegion. Am i missing something or is the name of the table mentioned wrongly.

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Hi Joe,
Regarding the ReceiptPageControl, the .ascx file was in the location you specified but I still was getting the error user control does not exist.

But a change in AppCode/LinqCommerceIntraSite.cs did the trick for me.

I changed
new CmsToolboxItem("~/LinqControls/ControlTemplates/ReceiptPageControl", "ECommerce", "Receipt", "This is the receipt."),          

to
new CmsToolboxItem("~/LinqControls/ControlTemplates/ReceiptPageControl.ascx", "ECommerce", "Receipt", "This is the receipt."),

and then it worked.         

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM
These are the error I get

1)When I add Product Details control to product page

An error occured creating the configuration section handler for LinqCommerce/AmazonSettings: Could not load type 'LinqCommerce.SectionConfigurationGroup' (project/web.config line 38)

2)When I add Shopping cart control to shopping cart page

An error occured creating the configuration section handler for LinqCommerce/SiteSettings: Could not load type 'LinqCommerce.SectionConfigurationGroup' (project/web.config line 38)

Am i missing something in the web.config file, I've added the LinqCommerce section group as mentioned in the document and provided the needed values for Amazon and site settings.

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM
In the 2.7 release I didnot find SectionConfiguration.cs in AppCode folder and so i copied it from the 2.6 zip folder, and I added the productdetails control to product page and this the error I get.

Unable to cast object of type 'LinqCommerce.SectionConfigurationGroup' to type 'SectionConfigurationGroup'.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'LinqCommerce.SectionConfigurationGroup' to type 'SectionConfigurationGroup'.

Source Error:

Line 29:         get
Line 30: {
Line 31: SectionConfigurationGroup s =
Line 32: (SectionConfigurationGroup)ConfigurationManager.GetSection(
Line 33: "LinqCommerce/AmazonSettings");

Source File: c:\project\App_Code\LinqProductAccess.cs    Line: 31

Where am i going wrong?

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Hi,

I probably should have put upgrade instructions in the manual...

You need to remove your App_Code and LinqControls folders in your application. Then, replace them with the App_Code and LinqControls folder from 2.7. You're mixing two versions together and that's why you're receiving those errors. In 2.7, I put the SectionConfiguration group class into the LinqProductAccess.cs file, so you can access it by saying SectionConfigurationGroup s = new SectionConfigurationGroup. I'll make sure I update the bug this week for the controls, thanks for the QA. Most appreciated.
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Hey Joe,

So I'm still getting an error.

Server Error in '/SitefinTest' Application.

Compilation Error

Compiler Error Message: CS1519: Invalid token 'void' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

Source Error:

Line 29: 	
Line 30:   #region Extensibility Method Definitions
Line 31:   partial void OnCreated();
Line 32:   partial void InsertDepartment(Department instance);
Line 33:   partial void UpdateDepartment(Department instance);

Source File: E:\..\App_Code\BalloonShop.designer.cs    Line: 31

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:28 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your immediate reply. But I still encounter few problems.

1) I removed the AppCode and LinqControls from my application and replaced them with the one found in 2.7, but unfortunately I couldnot find the ecommerce module in my modules section of sitefinity and couldnot find the ecommerce controls in the toolbox items.

Am i missing something? Where am I going wrong?

I included the files LinqCommerceIntraSite.cs from AppCode folder and CommandPanel.ascx, ControlPanel.ascx and CreateAllSitefinityECommPages.ascx from LINQCONTROLS/controltemplates which were excluded in 2.7. After including these I have the ecommerce module and ecommerce toolbox items. Now if i add the product details control to the product page I get this error.

An error occured creating the configuration section handler for LinqCommerce/AmazonSettings: Could not load type 'LinqCommerce.SectionConfigurationGroup' (project/web.config line 38)

2) In the admin part of the ecommerce module, with taxadmin, when I add new record to tax the taxpercent always remains as 0, no matter what value I insert as a taxpercent but the name is getting added. I added the needed records in the StateTaxTable directly with SQL Management Studio Express, and I tried editing it in with taxadmin, the taxpercent remains the same I'm not able to edit the taxpercent, but I'm am to edit the name.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Hi,

This error is occurring because LinqCommerce's can read properties from the Web.config because the class's location has changed. It's not under LinqProductAccess.cs, but it doesn't use the namespace LinqCommerce anymore. Not, it's just its own class. I just updated the docs for 2.7. The section group in the Web.config should look like this:

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

<!--Insert LinqCommerce Section Groups Here-->

<sectionGroup name="LinqCommerce" type=" SectionConfigurationGroup">

<section name="Payment" type=" SectionConfigurationGroup"/>

<section name="SiteSettings" type=" SectionConfigurationGroup"/>

<section name="AmazonSettings" type="SectionConfigurationGroup"/>

<section name="AuthorizeNETSettings" type=" SectionConfigurationGroup"/>

</sectionGroup>

Just remove the word LinqCommerce from it.

As for the 2nd problem, which version of Sitefinity are you using? 3.6 or 3.5?

-Joe

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:23 AM
Edited Mar 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Hi Joe,
Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. I have fixed few of my issues, but still face few more. Regarding the version of Sitefinity I'm using Sitefinty communtiy blank project 3.5.
The issues I face,

1) Could you please throw more light on, 'On Catolog Promotion' & 'On Department Promotion'

2) I still have problems with taxadmin, I'm still not able to insert tax, no matter value I give, the tax percent always get inserted as 0. Where am I going wrong?

3) When I add shoppingcart control to the shopping cart page, I get this error

Source Error:

I checked your table and stored procedure documentation it did not have a definition for RegionShippingTable, so I went ahead and created one manually with the definition found in AppCode/BalloonShop.dbml. This solved my issue of Invalid object name 'dbo.RegionShippingTable'. Am I right in doing this?

4) When I add product details control to the product page, I get this error

Operator '==' incompatible with operand types 'Int32' and 'Object'

Exception Details: System.Web.Query.Dynamic.ParseException: Operator '==' incompatible with operand types 'Int32' and 'Object'

Source Error:

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Hi,

For # 3, please run this code on your database because a table is missing:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[RegionShippingTable](
    [RegionID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
    [Name] [nvarchar](50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL,
    [ShippingCost] [float] NOT NULL,
 CONSTRAINT [PK_RegionShippingTable] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
    [RegionID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]

For # 1, OnCatalog and OnDepartmentPromotion will show products you want to display. If just a Department is selected, then you'll see product on dept promotion. If a Category and a Department are selected, then you will see products on catalog promotion.

As for the Int32 and Object error, can you run a break point and tell me where exactly that is happening? I am not sure about the tax. Can you run a breakpoint and see if the value is going through?

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:20 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the tax issue, in LinqTaxAdminAll.ascx in the telerik rad grid the tax column was telerik:GridNumericColumn, we changed it to telerik:GridBoundColumn and it worked fine. Now we are able to insert and edit tax percentage.
As for the Int32 and Object error, in the ProductDetails.ascx, I removed the telerik:RadRotator its corresponding LinqDataSource and the reference to the RadRotator in the .cs file as well and it solved my issue.
May 20, 2009 at 5:48 AM

Hi Joe,

I'm having trouble with Authorize.Net, I gave the needed API Login and Transaction Key for Authorize.Net in the web.config file, but when I submit the payment form I get this error,

"The value for the property 'API Login' is not valid. The error is: The string must be no more than 10 characters long.", and it points to the line number in my web.config file where I have mentioned the API Login and Transaction Key.

I donot know where I'm going wrong. Please do help.

May 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hi Joe,

I'm having trouble with Authorize.Net, I gave the needed API Login and Transaction Key for Authorize.Net in the web.config file, but when I submit the payment form I get this error,

"The value for the property 'API Login' is not valid. The error is: The string must be no more than 10 characters long.", and it points to the line number in my web.config file where I have mentioned the API Login and Transaction Key.

I donot know where I'm going wrong. Please do help.

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

The API Key and login I believe is 10 characters long. I put some code in the SectionConfiguration Class to limit the number of characters in that property to 10. You can search for the API login property there and just remove the code about the 10 characters.