Table Prefixes

Developer
Oct 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Hi There,

I'm only just starting to look at the LinqCommerce module (still trying to figure out how to get the module to appear in admin section). The first thing I noticed was the naming of the tables. I know it's a bit of a pain to change now but I'd highly recommend adding a prefix like lc_ to all tables. Since many users will be integrating this with Sitefinity it makes it much easier to separate what tables belong to Sitefinity and which are LinqCommerce. This should make it easier for moving the LC tables to future versions of Sitefinity etc.

Just my two cents (so far haha). Great work though and am excited to check it out!

Cheers,

Phill

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I think that is a good idea. For the next release, LinqCommerce can have that feature. I have my table list included with the install. Could you change the table names, create another Linq to SQL class, and update the table docs for me? I would really appreciate it. If you would like, I can add you as a project coordinator.

-Joe

Developer
Oct 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hi Joe,

I've gone ahead and started doing some work of my own based on the download that was available. I hope that the code in the installer is the latest as I went through the process of creating a new sql script for creating the tables and stored procs so they have a standard prefix. I also then went through all the existing code so that everything works as it did with the new table names. I have also removed the BallonShop references and replaced them with LinqCommerce (i.e. BalloonShopDataContext is now LinqCommerceDataContext). 

While going through this process I also added the ability for additional images to be added. So instead of Image1 (main thumbnail) and Image2(detail) for a product, I changed the image2 admin option so that it can support the adding of multiple images to the ProductImages table.

I can zip up all my changes and send them off to you if you let me know preferred method. Also, I should mention that due to time I have only created a new creation script so anyone using current table names would have to migrate data over on their own.

Cheers,

Phill

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the help. Please send the changes to me via a zip file at joe _AT_ josephmanderson.com and I shall include them in the next release.

Best wishes,

Joe

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />